jeudi 19 juin 2008

Titanic

Yesterday evening was the concert. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I completely messed up my song by stopping half way through. I thank the other players because they were the only thing that stopped me from looking like an idiot, they were just as bad as me if not worse. That wasn't the good part. After me and Ellie were in charge of pouring the drinks and we encountered some minor problems:
1) There wasn't enough drink
2) There weren't enough glasses
Ciaran came to the aid of us damsels in distress by bumping into us and running around panicking. Once we had finished with the drinks we had a rugby match. Four boys against ten girls, guess who won! ...The boys. This was made even worse by the fact that the boys were Ciaran (12), Ben (13), Alexander (8) and Harvey Jay (6). Thank god they only made a joke of it!
This morning I got up on time. Yes for the first time in a couple of weeks I started the day on time so why did it all go so wrong? I had my usual breakfast and then decided to straighten my hair thinking "no rush I've got loads of time!". I have to leave for the bus at 7:50, I finished straightening my hair at 7:40. I looked at my watch and realised i wasn't even dressed. I quickly stuffed some clothes into my sports bag and left wearing my broken, tattered, dog eaten shoes. In other words I looked like i had just had a fight with a hedge...the hedge had won.
I was asleep in technology and because i hadn't finished my "clock" stayed in the class room the whole way through the science physique lesson. After that we had sport, my worst nightmare: as an end of year treat we were doing kayaking (sorry i don't know how to spell it)
I borrowed several peoples clothes (this mornings rush) and realised only five of the sixteen girls were actually doing it including me. Mathilde, Alison, Amanda and Cecile. We slowly apprached the lake which was looking particularly uninviting with a large amount of leeches floating on the surface. We got into the kayaks and set off. It wasn't long before Jordan was out so he dragged his kayak back and took of his life jacket. He then set off to tip everyone off their boats with the help of Damien and Simon. Mathilde was tipped out of her boat and then jordan headed towards me. I can barely steer a bike let alone a boat (never ever get in a car with my driving, last time I nearly hit a tree) so I span round in circles for a bit panicking while Jordan climbed onto the front of my boat in a position rather like horizontal tree hugging and started to rock it. I panicked even more and managed to capsize the boat my self by throwing myself overboard. Jordan ended up next to me under water so i used his head to push myself up to the surface. Once he had swum off to go and get Benjamin out of his boat I started the long journey back to the edge while avoiding all leeches slugs and to my surprise snakes in the water.
This meant that later on when i came out to eat my hair was soaking after my shower. Anyone who has seen me with wet hair knopws why I spend such a long time with hair straighteners in the morning. Why don't schools have straighteners? I begged several people for hair bands and eventually borrowed one off Kirsten. It didn't make me look much better though because my hair is so short any ponytails i do look more like the tail of one who has had a terrible accident involving getting it's tail stuck in the door. Simon thought it was really funny and spent the rest of the day picking on me: "like your new hair style" "you've got a hair sticking out just there".

3 commentaires:

The Accidental Author a dit…

lool i agree with simon

(BTW the girls cant play rugby but we still won hah!)
_ _
| | ___ | |
| | || || | |
| |_ || || | |_
|___||___| |___|

we own at rugby haha!

BAT in training a dit…

I still beat you at ballon prisonnier

The Accidental Author a dit…

Aaaaah, I've been hacked! Who's posting under my name (as if I didn't know!)

Welcome to Blogworld Sierra. VLiF