mardi 24 juin 2008

I'm really bored

It's the day before the day before the holidays. As my poppa says, the school year in France is getting shorter and shorter. It's because french teachers are not like English teachers, English teacher are full of enthusiasm and propose different ways of learning... French teachers stand in front of a class and talk at them under the impression that if they talk at them loud enough some of them may start to listen. This is not only very boring for the students but for the teachers as well who do anything to get out of it hence the amount of strikes (roughly two a week).
It's been hot today. Hotter than yesterday which was hotter than the day before that. My mum said: "it's going to be stormy today" so I trusted her blindly and went out in skinny jeans and a jacket. She was very wrong. We sat in class melting into the seats all of us fanning ourselves with whatever item fell to hand. Todays lessons were particularly interesting:
french -> hangman
maths -> puzzles
latin -> film (I'm not sure what about because I wasn't watching it)
music -> film (legend)
I have to admit I didn't learn much.
Everybody is out. I think I must be the only person in the family without much of a social life since most of my friends would rather be wading through a muddy field than out shopping in town (half an hour's drive away). I wandered about the house for a bit giving Chloe one of our dogs a quick cuddle (poor thing's just had an operation), jumping over the pile of dust in the middle of my parents bedroom floor, moving random stuff around the house so that nobody knows where it is... Eventually I sat down behind the computer and here I am.
I've phoned my Nana who is in hospital because she has just had an operation on her heel and is failing to understand a word of what the nurses are chattering on about. She had just been served a dinner that she has ordered but has no idea what it actually is.
Now I'm very bored and I'm wondering whether or not I should hide some shoes under peoples beds.

Aucun commentaire: